Saturday, April 28, 2007

Golf Season is Here!

I finally got out on the course this week. Subbed in a league that is mostly made up of my bowling league. I don’t consider golf exercise. If a guy can drop his cigar, set down a beer, swing a club, pick up his nicotine and alcohol, and keep playing, it’s an activity, not exercise.

But I’m trying to get out again today.

So I ran early today, so long as early is a relative term. I stayed up watching Vancouver beat Anaheim in double overtime last night, so I didn’t roll out of bed till eight. I ran a nice easy 7.85, my longest run to date, around some new routes. Saw lots of people out and about this morning, made me wish I had a training partner for these longer days.

I found a summer hockey league. This means I’ll play a few more games as a guy without kids, and I’ll miss my first scheduled game in six years around the time our kid arrives. With the possibility of not skating all summer, I’ve contemplated buying a bike to add some summer cross training. But, I’ll put those thoughts on hold; I didn’t realize how expensive a bike could be. Hockey and running is enough of a balanced exercise routine for me.

Off to the bakery to see if they have any German Chocolate rolls left this late in the day.

No comments: