Saturday, May 12, 2007

Training Partner?

BB is just about done with school for this semester. Because of this, she was able to relax at my brother’s graduation and then bike along with me on most of my run tonight. It was a lot of fun.

My brother’s grad ceremony was kinda boring, as I’ve found most of them are. But I had to go to watch the kid finally get his college diploma. The party/gathering afterwards was kinda odd for a bit. Rightfully so, my step-dad doesn’t like my bio-dad, and this makes gatherings with both families uncomfortable. But step-dad did pretty well today, and at the end of the day, got me thinking about another half-marathon. At least I’ve got more time to decide with this one.

I wanted to get up and run early this morning, but couldn’t drag my sorry behind out of our comfy bed. This meant I had to fit my run in this evening. After I took the dogs on their normal loop, pregnant BB, cautiously as possible, rode her bike the next seven miles with me. About five miles in, she asked if she was a distraction, and that couldn’t have been further from the truth. It was very enjoyable to have someone to chit chat with (I think I’ve asked for this in a previous post) on my weekly long run. It turned out to be my longest and fastest “long run” ever. Besides a full stomach, I felt good, and wasn’t trying to go so fast, and fast is a relative term. It also sounds like BB is feeling good from the ride, minus a little heartburn which is a normal everyday occurance now. We both hope she’ll continue to come along once in a while from now on, while she can.

Now I need to get used to the fact that most of my long runs from now on will be longer than the last. And to remember to never run on a full stomach again.

No comments: